Since the introduction of a dashcam in tesla models, many people are concerned about how to step the feature to get the best out of tesla automobiles. However, dashcam features in tesla cars help users store recorded videos from all four cameras equipped in the car and store them in a USB drive if something happens, such as an accident.
Moreover, all videos are saved on the drive, and you need to buy the best usb stick for tesla dash cam, which withstands the burden of both systems, that is dash cam and sentry mode. All you need to do is plug in the USB drive in your tesla car, and you are ready to go. However, you cannot watch the recordings in the car yet, but you can view them on your computer or phone.
It would be great to have a reliable and durable USB drive to ensure that your car is capturing every moment because tesla’s car is equipped with four high-resolution cameras working every moment and sentry mode provides you with collision alerts.
- Purchase A USB Stick
It is recommended to use the best usb stick for tesla dash cam so that the drive is compatible with your computer or mobile and tesla software. It would be best for you to determine the storage capacity along with the durability to withstand any software burden and weather.
However, some drives are specially made for tesla software that is already formatted for tesla models. All you need to do is plug in, and you are ready to go. Though, if you purchase other USB drives, then you will need to prepare the USB stick. You can follow the below steps.
- You will have to format your tesla USB drive to FAT32, and you can find a way to do it on Google for Windows/mac.
- Once the format process Is completed, now you have to add the tesla cam folder to your USB drive and make sure that at this moment, your drive is empty.
- Afterward, you need to plug the USB drive into your tesla car. You will find the port inside the console, and you will notice a port for the USB drive.
- Once you do that, you will see a camera icon on the top right corner of the screen with a small red do on it that means the camera is working storing the recorded files.
How The System Of Dashcam Works?
- You can record video from front, back, and side for 1 hour only and store them.
- After every hour, the stored file will be overwritten by a newly recorded file.
- However, you can still save the last ten minutes of video recording before getting it deleted by tapping on the camera icon blinking on the touchscreen. It will save the file in a separate folder in the USB stick.
- To watch the recordings, you will need to remove the USB from the car and plug it into your computer.
The information mentioned above will help you to step the feature of a dashcam in a tesla car.